Your Birth Center
The Feeling Of Home
Personal. Safe. Comfortable. Inviting. Just some of the words our families use to describe how they feel in our care. Every visit is like coming home to your friends and family. The people, the ambiance, the rooms – all set up to celebrate the joy and exhilaration that is natural childbirth and becoming a parent.
We believe in developing trusting, personal relationships with the women and families we serve. We are attached to providing you with evidence-based information so you can make an informed choice that is right for your family. What else makes us different?
- We are nationally accredited by the Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers (CABC), the highest marker of excellence among free-standing birth centers nationwide. We are the only accredited birth center in the Santa Clarita and Antelope valleys.
- We hold bachelors degrees as a foundation of education, followed by midwifery degrees from accredited midwifery programs.
- We attained extensive clinical training in out-of-hospital births including waterbirths and home births, working for years under preceptorship of senior midwives at birth centers and at home births in Los Angeles.
- We are certified in Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP), Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Fetal Monitoring, and Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO).
- We are International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC). This is the highest credential in lactation support.
- All of our births are attended by two midwives or a midwife and a senior midwifery student, while most midwifery practices only offer one midwife and one birth assistant.
LM, CPM, IBCLC
Licensed Midwife, Certified Professional Midwife, and International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. Renee has served the Santa Clarita and Antelope Valley communities since 1999, and founded the first free-standing birth center in the area in 2010. Over the better part of the past decade, Renee has cultivated a community that supports growing families with love, information, and options beyond the hospital.
Renee’s warm, straight-forward nature and her extensive experience in midwifery and lactation instantly puts clients at ease. In her, you’ll find a midwife who deeply believes in your ability to make the best decisions for you and your family. Having attended more than 1,000 births since opening her practice, you’re in experienced hands when you birth with Renee. She is committed to evidence-based midwifery, and provides the research and information you need to choose the best path for you and your baby.
Renee supports more than just the physical aspects of your pregnancy and birth, offering guidance, connection, and humor at each appointment. Her journey began when she herself became a mother- the knowledge she acquired throughout the process, coupled with her heart’s passion for helping women embrace their innate ability to give birth naturally- guided her to serve.
Licensed Midwife, Certified Professional Midwife, and an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. Sara graduated from the National College of Midwifery in 2013 and completed UC San Diego’s lactation consultant program. Sara has a background in healthcare advocacy, and worked for nonprofit organizations in Los Angeles for ten years before becoming a midwife.
Sara is passionate about being part of a healthcare movement that supports families equally and offers respect and compassionate care for all people. Sara has found that her greatest tools in life are a good sense of humor, what she has learned as a sister, partner, daughter, and mother, and a deep reverence for what is out of our hands. She is always in awe of pregnancy and birth (it never gets old!), and is fulfilled daily by helping families navigate through growth and change.
Sara lives in Pasadena with her wife and twins (a boy and a girl!), and proudly hails from the south side of Chicago. She is an avid Willie Nelson fan, and is thrilled to be part of families’ road to parenthood.
Angie is our Business Manager and oversees birth center operations and business development.
Prior to starting a family, Angie was the master scheduler and a project manager at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Most recently she worked for the Women’s and Infants’ Center at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue, WA.
When she’s not at the birth center, Angie can be found in the hills around SCV on her mountain bike.
Your Home Away From Home
Please call our office to schedule a free tour and consultation with one of our midwives. You can also take a Google virtual tour by clicking on the button below.